Production Details / Press Releases
SPEAKING VOLUMES asks how we can comprehend the geological processes that solidified shellfish, piled up the Alps or shifted tectonic plates over the course of millions of years. Short-lived air pockets, crystalline structures and viscous surfaces form a dynamic landscape of different temporalities and agencies on stage. Inseparably immersed in this entanglement the performers act from a place of listening and continuously sink deeper into the layerings. Following the invitation of the materials, the piece experiments with poetic tales of Earth time and lets the non-human have its say.
[Mineral] intimacy runs slow and deep.
Jeffrey Jerome Cohen – Stone. An Ecology of the Inhuman
MIRJAM SÖGNER works as a choreographer and performer between Berlin and Vienna. She studied dance, choreography and artistic research at MUK Vienna and ArtEZ Arnhem. Her pieces tour through Europe, Canada and Australia to theatres such as Dancehouse Melbourne, Dansens Hus Oslo, brut Wien, Circuit-Est Montreal, Frascati Amsterdam or Rote Fabrik Zürich. Her first solo work Lara was chosen to be part of the Aerowaves Performance-Network in 2016. She has created pieces for Tanztage Berlin, Goethe Institute, Dschungel Wien a.o. and frequently teaches at ArtEZ Art Academy Arnhem.
[Source: play bill]
TFB Nr. 1325
Cast & Credits
ARTISTIC DIRECTION, CHOREOGRAPHY, PERFORMANCE: Mirjam Sögner
PERFORMANCE, ARTISTIC ASSISTANCE: Ana Laura Lozza, Luan de Lima da Silva
LIGHT, STAGE: Martin Beeretz
COMPOSITION: Samuel Hertz
DRAMATURGY: Maja Zimmermann
PRODUCTION, PR: Jana Lüthje (M.i.C.A. – Movement in Contemporary Art)
CHOREOGRAFIC ASSISTANCE, VOICE: Renae Shadler
MOVEMENT COACH: Angela Schubot
COSTUMES: Mirjam Sögner, Judith Förster
A production by Mirjam Sögner in co-production with brut Wien and SOPHIENSÆLE.
Supported by the Senate Department for Culture and Europe, the Cultural Department of the City of Vienna and the Austrian Federal Chancellery.
Kindly supported by Tanzfabrik Berlin.
Mirjam Sögner / Trailers and Video Documentations
Instant Feedback Reviews
- Elisabeth Nehring: D.R.A.G. / WILHELM GROENER (18.10.2018)
- Frank Schmid: The Emergency Artist / Clément Layes, Public in Private (23.11.2018)
- Frank Schmid: Hopeless. / Sergiu Matis (11.02.2019)
- Elisabeth Nehring: Warrior / Anne-Mareike Hess (15.02.2019)
- Frank Schmid: Er… Sie… und andere Geschichten / laborgras (22.02.2019)
- Elisabeth Nehring: slave to the rhythm / Hermann Heisig (13.04.2019)
- Frank Schmid: volto umano / cie. toula limnaios (06.06.2019)
- Frank Schmid: GLORY / Jeremy Wade (21.06.2019)
- Elisabeth Nehring: The Reversed Alchemist: Figure 1-3 / Ixchel Mendoza Hernández (21.07.2019)
- Frank Schmid: Say My Name, Say My Name / Olivia Hyunsin Kim, Ddanddarakim (13.09.2019)
- Elisabeth Nehring: Die Architektur einer Linie / Riki von Falken (20.09.2019)
- Frank Schmid: Soft Things / Rose Beermann, Iva Sveshtarova (11.10.2019)