Production Details / Press Releases
It is an old man that would be a child that would be a woman. Putting things into each other, pouring and removing and putting each other into things, mop and toys. Creating bubbles of meaningless worlds, these are very important.
It is a monkey that would be a dog that would be a snail. Directing the space, creating still lives, making sense for everything that still looks arbitrary, forcing meaning into its order. It looks random, but that’s anyway about it.
What I’m writing about is not what it is. It is close to what we think it is, it is not an art for the future nor a culture for now. It is five hundred quotes disguised in few plastic bottles. It is not a geometric demonstration. It is not about Clément Layes, it is not a rock concert although it would be great, It is not only happening, it’s also unhappening, it is not ambivalent.
It started in 2002 and is not finished yet: it’s been a quartet first, then a trio in 2004, it moved to a duo, went to another trio in 2007, and now it’s a solo, we lost people on the way, it was too difficult, only me has stayed, still trying. On average we lost less that one person a year so I think I have at least one year to go, then I’ll see, maybe I’ll live the things alone.
Cast & Credits
Choreography / Dance: Clément Layes
Light: Raphael Vincent
Assistant: Jasna Layes-Vinovrski
Supported by: Public in private
In co-production with TANZTAGE BERLIN.
Clément Layes / Trailers and Video Documentations
Public in Private / Trailers and Video Documentations
- Public in Private: Interview / Portrait Public in Private (2017)
- Public in Private: ONON (2019)
- Public in Private: The Emergency Artist (2018)
- Public in Private: THE ETERNAL RETURN (2017)
- Public in Private: TITLE (2015)
- Public in Private: Modal Verbs – I must, I should, I may, I can, I will and I want (2015)
- Public in Private: Dreamed Apparatus (2014)
- Public in Private: Things that surround us (2012)
- Public in Private: Der grüne Stuhl (2012)
- Public in Private: To Allege (2011)