Production Details / Press Releases
Dance is mainly assigned to the realm of seeing, called upon to unfold visual forms of expression that are meant to represent an image of our time or a utopian vision. But today it seems dif cult to develop visions for another tomorrow. As if the time of blindness had arrived.
In “Invisible Piece #2” Laurent Chétouane explores how the wider category of “theatre” might react to this diagnosis. Can we dance a possible end to the era of representation? Not as an apocalyptic vision or a nal “dance of death” on the volcano but as an opening to another body: one that hears, and thus perceives its environment differently. What can being together, dialogue, culture still mean when it is no longer images that keep us together but just the ground on which various rhythms are brought into coexistence? What can dancing still mean? Becoming music? As a utopia after the end?
Protagonists in search of this transformation are Youness Khoukhou and Mikael Marklund, accompanied live by Artiom Shishkov with Johann Sebastian Bach’s “Sonata for Solo Violin Nr. 3 in C Major”.
[Source: play bill]
TFB Nr. 1267
Cast & Credits
Choreography: Laurent Chétouane
With: Youness Khoukhou, Mikael Marklund
Music: Artiom Shishkov (Violine)
Lightdesign: Philippe Gladieux
Communication: k3 Berlin
Production: Christine Kammer, Hendrik Unger
Production: Invisible GbR
Co-production: HAU Hebbel am Ufer, Kampnagel Hamburg
Funded by Berlin Senate Department for Culture and Europe.
Supported by: DOCK 11 / EDEN***** Berlin
HAU Hebbel am Ufer (HAU3)
Tempelhofer Ufer 10
Tickets: +49 (0)30 259 004 27
The video documentation is produced by Kulturprojekte Berlin GmbH on behalf of the Senate Department for Culture and Europe. The purpose of this contract is to document productions in the field of contemporary dance in Berlin. The master recordings are archived by the University Library of the Berlin University of Arts. Copies of the recordings on DVD are available for viewing exclusively in the reference collections of the following archives (at media desks in these institutions):
Laurent Chétouane / Trailers and Video Documentations
- Laurent Chétouane: Interview / Portrait Laurent Chétouane (2011)
- Laurent Chétouane: Invisible Piece #1: Duett für hörende Körper (2018)
- Laurent Chétouane: Out of Joint / Partita 1 (2017)
- Laurent Chétouane: KHAOS (2016)
- Laurent Chétouane: SOLI (2016)
- Laurent Chétouane: Considering (2015)
- Laurent Chétouane: BACH / PASSION / JOHANNES (2014)
- Laurent Chétouane: Sacré Sacre du Printemps (2012)
- Laurent Chétouane: Hommage an das Zaudern (2012)
- Laurent Chétouane: horizon(s) (2011)
- Laurent Chétouane: Tanzstück #4: leben wollen (zusammen) (2010)