Production Details / Press Releases
WILHELM GROENER – Günther Wilhelm & Mariola Groener – create the frst part of the cycle »becoming undone« as a hybrid between exhibition and performance. Curiosity for new links that scrutinize our habitual patterns of reception is the impetus for WILHELM GROENER´s new performance project. »becoming undone« unfolds in three parts and deals with process-related openness. During the opening hours the visitor can observe a constantly changing situation that probes changing experimental arrangements of space, sound, body and things.
The spectator has the choice: observing the developing performance in full length over the course of three hours, attending an excerpt or stopping by several times, on different days.
WILHELM GROENER: The artist Mariola Groener and dancer Günther Wilhelm have blended their names and arts into their alter ego WILHELM GROENER since 2001. With a predilection for the odd and absurd, their work uses elements of performance, dance and installation. The pieces Vorgang benutzt, Paravent privé and Hotel Hassler have been invited to the German TANZPLATTFORM 2000, 2006 and 2010. In spring 2011 they presented seven pieces of their opus during a retrospective called WILHELM GROENER – born on 1st of May, 2001 at the UFERSTUDIOS. As their latest project they presented the K-cycle between 2013 and 2015, to which the publication aber auch and the website www.aber-auch.net has been released.
Rudi Fischerlehner, born in Austria, lives in Berlin and plays the drums in projects of various shades of improvised music, noise, jazz and rock: in a trio with Olaf Rupp and Matthias Müller, with the bands Fiium Shaarrk and Gorilla Mask, and in a duo with Tonia Reeh. He produces music for videos, movies and performances, amongst others for Katrin Plavcak and Johanna Kirsch. www.rudifischerlehner.net
Mariola Groener, born in Poland, grew up in Munich. She studied artistic photography, Film & AV-Media in Berlin and Essen/Folkwang. She was awarded the photography-competition Das große stille Bild and received the Berlin choreography scholarship which enabled her to spend working time with Anna Halprin in SF/USA. In addition to her position as co-director of WILHELM GROENER, she is an artist exhibiting her works at home and abroad. Groener also was co-founder of the project and exhibition space forever and a day Büro. www.mariolagroener.net
Andreas Harder is light and stage designer, lighting and theater stage manager. He studied fne arts at HdK Berlin and was a lecturer for aspiring theater prop masters and theater masters. He directs technical adaptions of theater and media festivals as well as international touring productions.
Günther Wilhelm, born in Munich, studied Butoh, classical and modern dance in Munich and Berlin and the MA Choreography in Amsterdam. He was a long time member of VA Wolf’s NEUER TANZ and worked a.o. with Dump Type and Anna Huber. He received the scholarship of Stiftung Kulturfonds, Künstlerhaus Lukas Ahrenshoop and the Berlin dance and choreography scholarship.
Cast & Credits
Concept & realization: WILHELM GROENER – Günther Wilhelm & Mariola Groener
Sound: Rudi Fischerlehner
Technology: Andreas Harder
Production: Jana Lüthje
Assistance: Assaf Hochman
Partner: Mime Center Berlin, Kunstraum Kreuzberg
Thanks to: Igor Dobričić, Christoph Freyer, Katrin Plavcak, Shore Studios Berlin
A WILHELM GROENER production, funded by the Governing Mayor of Berlin – Senatskanzlei – Cultural Affairs.
The video documentation is produced on behalf of the Senate Department for Culture and Europe. The purpose of this contract is to document productions in the field of contemporary dance in Berlin. The master recordings are archived by the University Library of the Berlin University of Arts. Copies of the recordings on DVD are available for viewing exclusively in the reference collections of the following archives (at media desks in these institutions):
WILHELM GROENER / Trailers and Video Documentations
- WILHELM GROENER: Interview / Portrait WILHELM GROENER (2017)
- WILHELM GROENER: FRAMES FRAGMENTS FREQUENCIES (2022)
- WILHELM GROENER: #performingarchive2 (2020)
- 24/7 Dance Movie / WILHELM GROENER: A.E. Anatomie.Evolution.Anfang.Ende. … (2019)
- WILHELM GROENER: A.E. Anatomie.Evolution.Anfang.Ende. … (2019)
- WILHELM GROENER: D.R.A.G. (2018)
- Instant Feedback / WILHELM GROENER: D.R.A.G. (2018)
- WILHELM GROENER: Schleppen (2017)
- WILHELM GROENER: becoming undone – PART III (2016)
- WILHELM GROENER: becoming undone – PART II (2016)
- WILHELM GROENER: o.T. (AT) (2015)
- WILHELM GROENER: Korridor (2014)
- WILHELM GROENER: K-Projekt – als ich die Treppe hinunterstieg um noch einen Abendspaziergang zu machen… (2014)
- WILHELM GROENER: HEILUNG (2013)
- WILHELM GROENER: exercitatio et labor: JOY (2011)
- WILHELM GROENER: Ortnung (2011)
- WILHELM GROENER: Wie ist dein Name? (2011)
- WILHELM GROENER: Getrennte Präsenz (2011)
- WILHELM GROENER: Sturz sei Dank (2011)
- WILHELM GROENER: Am Bildaltar (2011)
- WILHELM GROENER: Am Anfang war das Ende (2009)
- WILHELM GROENER: Hotel Hassler (2009)