Production Details / Press Releases
The performers are surrounded by microphones, speakers, instruments, and their own voices. Music seems to gain control over the bodies, giving the performer a different face with every song. The tension is resolved in the dance. The composer and jazz musician Vlaicu Golcea works in areas such as music theater, contemporary dance, film, and multimedia. Sergiu Matis has been living in Berlin since 2008, and working with Sasha Waltz & Guests among others. Sergiu Matis is a student of the MA programme Solo/Dance/Autorship at HZT (Inter-University Centre for Dance) Berlin.
Cast & Credits
By and with: Sergiu Matis and Vlaicu Golcea
Supported by the Robert Bosch Foundation, The National Dance Center Bucharest, the Romanian Cultural Institute Berlin and The Romanian Association for Performing Arts.
In collaboration with the Romanian Cultural Institute Berlin. Kindly supported by Allianz Kulturstiftung, the Goethe-Institut, the Romanian Embassy in Berlin and Caminul Cultural Bucharest.
HAU Hebbel am Ufer (HAU2)
Hallesches Ufer 32
Tickets: +49 (0)30 259 004 27
The video documentation is produced on behalf of the Senate Department for Culture and Europe. The purpose of this contract is to document productions in the field of contemporary dance in Berlin. The master recordings are archived by the University Library of the Berlin University of Arts. Copies of the recordings on DVD are available for viewing exclusively in the reference collections of the following archives (at media desks in these institutions):
Sergiu Matis / Trailers and Video Documentations
- Sergiu Matis: Interview / Portrait Sergiu Matis (2019)
- Sergiu Matis: Blazing Worlds (2023)
- Sergiu Matis: DRANG (2022)
- Sergiu Matis: Hopeless. (2019)
- Instant Feedback / Sergiu Matis: Hopeless (2019)
- Sergiu Matis: NEVERENDINGS – Season 2: Daydreams for a Better World (2017)
- Sergiu Matis: NEVERENDINGS – Season 1: 100 Years Revolution (2017)
- Sergiu Matis: Deleted Scenes (2016)
- Sergiu Matis: Explicit Content (2015)
- Sergiu Matis: all of a sudden (Ausschnitt) (2011)
- Sergiu Matis: Doom Room (2010)