Production Details / Press Releases
Why do our egos constantly compete each other?
Why do we often try to compromise with each other?
How is it that we fall into routines and how do we avoid this tendency?
“If you don’t look up, it looks like a castle” is a dance performance based on exploring mix culture relationships through personal experiences. Our aim was to find a common language in which we can communicate with each other even if we have a background of different cultures. By researching how to create a new common vocabulary we found a specific nonverbal language which we both would understand and which would give us the freedom to be ourselves. Cultural differences can introduce certain challenges, these challenges are certainly manageable within the context of respectful and supportive relationships.
Cast & Credits
Concept & Performance: Raisa Kröger and Florian Bücking / idea by Laura Keil and Ruslan Stepanov
ada Studio is funded by the cultural administration of the Berlin Senate.
Management / Organization: Gabi Beier
Public relations: Silke Wiethe
Technical management & lighting design: Ansgar Tappert
Thanks to the Inter-University Centre for Dance Berlin and the Uferstudios-Team.
ada Studio in den Uferstudios
The video documentation is produced on behalf of the Senate Department for Culture and Europe. The purpose of this contract is to document productions in the field of contemporary dance in Berlin. The master recordings are archived by the University Library of the Berlin University of Arts. Copies of the recordings on DVD are available for viewing exclusively in the reference collections of the following archives (at media desks in these institutions):
bücking&kröger / Trailers and Video Documentations
- bücking&kröger: Interview / Portrait bücking&kröger (2019)
- bücking&kröger: PRACTICE (2022)
- bücking&kröger: all we got to do (2022)
- bücking&kröger: FIVE (2022)
- bücking&kröger: all we got to do (Making-of) (2021)
- bücking&kröger: HYPERBODIES (2019)
- bücking&kröger: coming out of a secret room (2018)
- bücking&kröger: Pornografie der Emotionen (2017)
- bücking&kröger: Narragonien (2016)
- bücking&kröger: the wall // exercise on borders (2014)