Production Details / Press Releases
The inner meets the outer, down is up, narrow becomes wide, collapsing into each other. A muscle twitches inbalanced along a path. In the twilight, crumbling contours. Let’s look a bit further and clear our head from ourselves. Towards the springs of the streams we encounter. A notion.
In their new production, WILHELM GROENER take the spectator on a walk between worlds. In a performative installation he/she encounters choreographic miniatures. Their common ground is concerned with an internal text, that resonates physically and is communicated in unexpected twists of movement. In their spatial arrangement and juxtaposition they begin to suggest possible tracks of narration.
WILHELM GROENER: The artist Mariola Groener and dancer/choreographer Günther Wilhelm have blended their names and arts into their alter ego WILHELM GROENER since 2001. With a predilection for the odd and absurd, their work uses elements of performance, dance and installation. The pieces Vorgang benutzt, Paravent privé and Hotel Hassler have been invited to the German TANZPLATTFORM 2000, 2006 and 2010. In spring 2011 they presented seven pieces of their opus during a retrospective called WILHELM GROENER – born on 1st of May, 2001 at the UFERSTUDIOS. For the years 2013 and 2014 they receive basic foundation from the Berlin Senate.
Rudi Fischerlehner, born in Austria, lives in Berlin and plays drums in different musical projects that fall between improvised music, jazz and post-rock. Most recently he works in trio with Olaf Rupp and Matthias Müller, with bands Fiium Shaarrk and Gorilla Mask, and in duo with Tonia Reeh. He also composes and produces music for flm, video and performance in collaboration with artists like Katrin Plavcak and Johanna Kirsch. www.rudifischerlehner.net
Mariola Groener, born in Poland, grew up in Munich. She studied artistic photography and AVMedien in Berlin and Essen/Folkwang. She was awarded the photographycompetition Das große stille Bild. In addition to her position as co-director of WILHELM GROENER, she is an artist exhibiting her works at home and abroad, last Revelation in Sariev Gallery Plovdiv/BG and in Berlin Galerie im Körnerpark from February 22 – April 21. Groener also is co-founder of the project and exhibition space forever and a day Büro.
Andreas Harder is lighting and theater stage manager. He studied fne arts at HdK Berlin and was a lecturer for aspiring theater prop masters and theater masters. He directs technical adaptions of theater and media festivals as well as international touring productions.
Günther Wilhelm, born in Munich, studied Butoh, classical and moder dance in Munich and Berlin. He was a long time member of VA Wölf’s NEUER TANZ and worked a.o. with Dump Type and Anna Huber. He received the scholarship of Stiftung Kulturfonds, Künstlerhaus Lukas Ahrenshoop and twice the Berlin dance and choreograpy scholarship. 2013/2014 he will participate in the Amsterdam Master of Choreography.
Cast & Credits
Concept: WILHELM GROENER (Günther Wilhelm & Mariola Groener)
With: Rudi Fischerlehner, Mariola Groener, Günther Wilhelm
Technical management: Andreas Harder
Production assistant: Mara Nedelcu
Production management: Jana Lüthje
A WILHELM GROENER production, funded by the Senatskanzlei – Cultural Affairs Berlin
Partners: PACT Zollverein, MA Choreography Amsterdam
Thanks to: Christoph Freyer, Hans Gröner, Beatriz Rebbig, Peter Stamer
The video documentation is produced on behalf of the Senate Department for Culture and Europe. The purpose of this contract is to document productions in the field of contemporary dance in Berlin. The master recordings are archived by the University Library of the Berlin University of Arts. Copies of the recordings on DVD are available for viewing exclusively in the reference collections of the following archives (at media desks in these institutions):
WILHELM GROENER / Trailers and Video Documentations
- WILHELM GROENER: Interview / Portrait WILHELM GROENER (2017)
- WILHELM GROENER: FRAMES FRAGMENTS FREQUENCIES (2022)
- WILHELM GROENER: #performingarchive2 (2020)
- 24/7 Dance Movie / WILHELM GROENER: A.E. Anatomie.Evolution.Anfang.Ende. … (2019)
- WILHELM GROENER: A.E. Anatomie.Evolution.Anfang.Ende. … (2019)
- WILHELM GROENER: D.R.A.G. (2018)
- Instant Feedback / WILHELM GROENER: D.R.A.G. (2018)
- WILHELM GROENER: Schleppen (2017)
- WILHELM GROENER: becoming undone – PART III (2016)
- WILHELM GROENER: becoming undone – PART II (2016)
- WILHELM GROENER: becoming undone – PART I (2015)
- WILHELM GROENER: o.T. (AT) (2015)
- WILHELM GROENER: Korridor (2014)
- WILHELM GROENER: HEILUNG (2013)
- WILHELM GROENER: exercitatio et labor: JOY (2011)
- WILHELM GROENER: Ortnung (2011)
- WILHELM GROENER: Wie ist dein Name? (2011)
- WILHELM GROENER: Getrennte Präsenz (2011)
- WILHELM GROENER: Sturz sei Dank (2011)
- WILHELM GROENER: Am Bildaltar (2011)
- WILHELM GROENER: Am Anfang war das Ende (2009)
- WILHELM GROENER: Hotel Hassler (2009)