Production Details / Press Releases
Originally related to experiences made during the hard lockdown phases of 2020 and 2021 during the corona pandemic – the longing for new, old freedom – the topic developed further. Corona stayed, but war in Ukraine, fear of inflation, energy shortage and more came along.
From a psychological point of view, longing is a complex feeling, characterized by the fact that it simultaneously activates positive and negative feelings, pain and happiness or joy in humans, often very intensely.
SEHNSUCHT, anatomy of a feeling combines collective and individual longing experiences of the participating artists, the aim is to make these inner feelings physically, musically and visually accessible in many different facets.
In this creative exploration, the seven dancers are joined by musicians Alejandra Cárdenas, aka Ale Hop (live electronics and electric guitar) and Alex Nickmann, (live electronics and drums). The video artist Andrea Keiz finds her own visual interpretation and projects her world of images onto the stage.
Where is the longing in the body? What color is she? How heavy is she? What sound does she have?
[Source: play bill]
TFB Nr. 1692
Cast & Credits
concept, space: Dieter Baumann, Jutta Hell
direction, choreography: Jutta Hell
composition, live music: Alejandra Cárdenas (aka Ale Hop), Alex Nickmann
dance, creation: Zoé Alibert, Liza Alpizar Aguilar, Mercedes Appugliese, Dieter Baumann, Carlos Osatinsky, Fernando Pelliccioli, Anja Sielaff
video art: Andrea Keiz
light: Fabian Bleisch
costume: Claudia Janitschek, Jutta Hell
space: Dieter Baumann, Jutta Hell
communication: k3 berlin
Photos: Dirk Bleicker
Production: Tanzcompagnie Rubato, supported by the Hauptstadtkulturfonds and the Senatsverwaltung für Kultur und Europa Berlin, in cooperation with the Uferstudios, Berlin.
The video documentation is produced on behalf of the Senate Department for Culture and Europe. The purpose of this contract is to document productions in the field of contemporary dance in Berlin. The master recordings are archived by the University Library of the Berlin University of Arts. Copies of the recordings on DVD are available for viewing exclusively in the reference collections of the following archives (at media desks in these institutions):
University Library of the Berlin University of Arts
Mediathek für Tanz und Theater des Internationalen Theaterinstituts / Mime Centrum Berlin
Inter-University Centre for Dance Berlin (HZT)
Tanzcompagnie Rubato / Trailers and Video Documentations
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Interview / Portrait Tanzcompagnie Rubato (2017)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Die Zeit ist immer jetzt (2021)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: traces_#62 (2019)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: blue-sky thinking (2018)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: SOS – Ein TANZFONDS ERBE Projekt (2018)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Figures in a Landscape (2018)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: flirren (2017)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Voltage / ZERO (2016)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Wiederholung und Differenz (2015)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Uncertain States (2015)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Happiness / Xing Fu (2014)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Two Figures in a Landscape (2014)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Act (2013)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: FindeOrte (2012)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: milk & bread / rice & water (2011)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Look at me, I´m Chinese (2010)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: display life (2009)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: TROPEN (2009)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: 3 men running (2009)