Production Details / Press Releases
We think about tomorrow while making coffee, make imaginary travels while walking down the streets. Meanwhile the things are just there, shrouded in an enigmatic silence. We interpret and associate, give things a meaning, but they don’t say anything. In Title Clément Layes exposes the parallel actions of thinking and doing. With typical humor, Layes explores the complex interrelation and discrepancies between the assemblage of things and the web of associations we build around them and stages the war and the peace between them. Doing so he exposes both the shatter of the thought and the spectacular silence of the object.
Cast & Credits
CHOREOGRAPHY, PERFORMANCE: Clément Layes
BY / WITH: Vincent Weber, Felix Marchand
LIGHTS: Ruth Waldeyer
SOUND DRAMATURGY: Ulrike Ertl
DRAMATURGY ADVISOR: Jonas Rutgeerts
ARTISTIC COOPERATION: Jasna L. Vinovrški
PRESS, PRODUCTION: björn & björn
A production by Public in Private / Clément Layes in coproduction with SOPHIENSÆLE.
Funded by the Governing Mayor of Berlin – Senatskanzlei – Cultural Affairs and the Fonds Darstellende Künste e.V.
Supported by tanzhaus nrw, Stuk Leuven, Tanzquartier Wien, Uferstudios and Flutgraben e.V.
Thanks to bold
The video documentation is produced by Kulturprojekte Berlin GmbH on behalf of the Senate Department for Culture and Europe. The purpose of this contract is to document productions in the field of contemporary dance in Berlin. The master recordings are archived by the University Library of the Berlin University of Arts. Copies of the recordings on DVD are available for viewing exclusively in the reference collections of the following archives (at media desks in these institutions):
Clément Layes / Trailers and Video Documentations
Public in Private / Trailers and Video Documentations
- Public in Private: Interview / Portrait Public in Private (2017)
- Public in Private: Healers (2020)
- Public in Private: ONON (2019)
- Public in Private: The Emergency Artist (2018)
- Public in Private: THE ETERNAL RETURN (2017)
- Public in Private: Modal Verbs – I must, I should, I may, I can, I will and I want (2015)
- Public in Private: Dreamed Apparatus (2014)
- Public in Private: Things that surround us (2012)
- Public in Private: Der grüne Stuhl (2012)
- Public in Private: To Allege (2011)
- Public in Private: Allege (2010)