Production Details / Press Releases
In our everyday environment, we are constantly encountering countless individual universes and different milieus. How do we perceive these realities, how do we deal with them in relation to our own?
Do you know that, you walk in the street or sit in the café and pick up fragments of conversation from people passing you from conversations at the next table. Or you can see gestures and interactions that are both commonplace and strange. We kept a kind of journal for a while, in which we noted interesting, weird, also cryptic linguistic fragments as well as movements and actions that we remembered. A text archive of banal, curious, philosophical, political fragments has emerged.
Our records are quasi extracts of different realities, not sensational, but human. From this material, we develop our new piece, traces_ # 62, for two dancers and a live musician.
What do these verbal, sensory and physical impressions make when translated into our bodies? And what happens to our bodies and our movements in dealing with this material?
What dances arise from our descriptions of movement when we connect the meaningful with the meaningless, the banal with the philosophical, the serious with the comical?
A space of possibility arises, a choreography that tries to come from this material to its own assertion and to make the banality and complexity of everyday life perceptible and celebrate.
A nonlinear way about perceived states, about conflicts that have moved into us.
TFB Nr. 1377
Cast & Credits
Concept, Choreography, Dance: Jutta Hell und Dieter Baumann
Composition and live music: Alexander Nickmann
Dramaturgy: Eva-Maria Hoerster
Lighting: Fabian Bleisch
Production management: Inge Zysk
Communication: k3 berlin
Production: Tanzcompagnie Rubato, Berlin, supported by the Senate for Culture and Europe, Berlin, in cooperation with Studio Sonic, Toninospace Residency (Italy) and Uferstudios, Berlin.
The video documentation is produced on behalf of the Senate Department for Culture and Europe. The purpose of this contract is to document productions in the field of contemporary dance in Berlin. The master recordings are archived by the University Library of the Berlin University of Arts. Copies of the recordings on DVD are available for viewing exclusively in the reference collections of the following archives (at media desks in these institutions):
Tanzcompagnie Rubato / Trailers and Video Documentations
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Interview / Portrait Tanzcompagnie Rubato (2017)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: SEHNSUCHT, Anatomie eines Gefühls (2022)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Die Zeit ist immer jetzt (2021)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: blue-sky thinking (2018)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: SOS – Ein TANZFONDS ERBE Projekt (2018)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Figures in a Landscape (2018)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: flirren (2017)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Voltage / ZERO (2016)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Wiederholung und Differenz (2015)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Uncertain States (2015)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Happiness / Xing Fu (2014)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Two Figures in a Landscape (2014)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Act (2013)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: FindeOrte (2012)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: milk & bread / rice & water (2011)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Look at me, I´m Chinese (2010)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: display life (2009)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: TROPEN (2009)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: 3 men running (2009)