Production Details / Press Releases
Repetition and Difference
Three duets. A triptych.
Duet 1: Dingzi Bu
Duet 2: Aus dem Archiv
Duet 3: American Finch
How can one observe one’s own work? Which demarcations, milestones and processes were essential and continue to have an effect? Jutta Hell and Dieter Baumann have reason to reflect in 2015. For over 30 years, they have been creating choreographies under the Tanzcompagnie Rubato label, 55 pieces in total. 2015 also means 20 years of artistic work in – and a confrontation with – China. This broad artistic arch is a motivation to investigate their treasure of experience and approaches – their bodies’ memory and cultural memory – in a new duet.
[Source: play bill]
Cast & Credits
Concept, choreography, dance: Jutta Hell, Dieter Baumann
Stage design: Bi Rongrong
Music: Reinhold Friedl
Duet 1: “Poopy” for alto saxophone and electronics, alto saxophone: Ulrich Krieger
Duet 2: using material by Wolfgang Bley-Borkowski
Dramaturgy: Eva-Maria Hoerster
Light design: Fabian Bleisch
Production management: Sven Neumann
Communication: k3 berlin
A production by Tanzcompagnie Rubato, funded by the Capital Culture Fund.
Supported by the Governing Mayor of Berlin – Senate Chancellery – Cultural Affairs and David Hurwith _ Ritual & Research_Residency USA.
In cooperation with Sonic Studio, Uferstudios Berlin and TanzScout Berlin.
The video documentation is produced on behalf of the Senate Department for Culture and Europe. The purpose of this contract is to document productions in the field of contemporary dance in Berlin. The master recordings are archived by the University Library of the Berlin University of Arts. Copies of the recordings on DVD are available for viewing exclusively in the reference collections of the following archives (at media desks in these institutions):
Tanzcompagnie Rubato / Trailers and Video Documentations
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Interview / Portrait Tanzcompagnie Rubato (2017)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Die Zeit ist immer jetzt (2021)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: traces_#62 (2019)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: blue-sky thinking (2018)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: SOS – Ein TANZFONDS ERBE Projekt (2018)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Figures in a Landscape (2018)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: flirren (2017)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Voltage / ZERO (2016)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Uncertain States (2015)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Happiness / Xing Fu (2014)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Two Figures in a Landscape (2014)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Act (2013)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: FindeOrte (2012)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: milk & bread / rice & water (2011)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: Look at me, I´m Chinese (2010)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: display life (2009)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: TROPEN (2009)
- Tanzcompagnie Rubato: 3 men running (2009)