Production Details / Press Releases
Each day, we are surrounded by objects – carrying a particular meaning, offering certain functions. We move through the course of everyday objects, passing through them in an unaware but none the less extremely rehearsed choreography of everyday life. Things that surround us deals with the relation between human beings and their environment. How do we shape our environment – and vice versa: how are we governed by the objects, that surround us? Three performers enter an unusual thing-world on stage and turn daily life into an adventurous experience.
Cast & Credits
CONCEPT, CHOREOGRAPHY: Clément Layes
PERFORMANCE, CO-CHOREOGRAPHY: Felix Marchand, Ante Pavic, Vincent Weber
DRAMATURGY: Florian Feigl
DRAMATURGY, CHOREOGRAPHY: Jasna Layes-Vinovrski
STAGE, OBJECTS: Marinus van Eldik
LIGHT: Ruth Waldeyer
MUSIC: Tian Rotteveel
PRODUCTION: björn & björn
A production by Public in Private in coproduction with Workspace Brussels and SOPHIENSÆLE.
Funded by the Governing Mayor of Berlin – Senatskanzlei – Cultural Affairs and the Fonds Darstellende Künste e.V ..
Thanks to BSR, Haver & Boecker, Alfred Kärcher and Kärcher Center Benne. Flutgraben eV, Irina Müller, Justin Pallermo, Tommy Noonan, and all the artists who took part in the associations circle in Berlin and Brussels, interrupted the process and contributed to the work with their ideas, their interest, their concerns and their diligence.
The video documentation is produced by Kulturprojekte Berlin GmbH on behalf of the Senate Department for Culture and Europe. The purpose of this contract is to document productions in the field of contemporary dance in Berlin. The master recordings are archived by the University Library of the Berlin University of Arts. Copies of the recordings on DVD are available for viewing exclusively in the reference collections of the following archives (at media desks in these institutions):
Clément Layes / Trailers and Video Documentations
Public in Private / Trailers and Video Documentations
- Public in Private: Interview / Portrait Public in Private (2017)
- Public in Private: Healers (2020)
- Public in Private: ONON (2019)
- Public in Private: The Emergency Artist (2018)
- Public in Private: THE ETERNAL RETURN (2017)
- Public in Private: TITLE (2015)
- Public in Private: Modal Verbs – I must, I should, I may, I can, I will and I want (2015)
- Public in Private: Dreamed Apparatus (2014)
- Public in Private: Der grüne Stuhl (2012)
- Public in Private: To Allege (2011)
- Public in Private: Allege (2010)