Production Details / Press Releases
Borders mark the limits of different areas, perceptions, bodies. Who defines the difference upon which the border’s legitimacy is built? In their inconsistency, borders are geographies of confrontation, moments of reflection, constantly challenging the balance of a status quo. Along the borderlines, the undesirable, hidden and repressed accumulate in corners. As past and present blur in the histories stacked on top of each other filling up the corners, their secrets decay and erupt.
»Borders & Corners« takes on a journey to these places, follows them on global maps, on the streets of Berlin, between people and within themselves. In an assemblage of improvisation, live music, and live video art, borders and boundaries are negotiated in a constant act of balance: intersectional stories move from marginal peripheries into an imaginary centre where perspectives and memories meet, where they complement and contradict each other. They echo between the walls of the theatre, questioning inside and outside, the boundary between performance and reality.
What are our Borders & Corners? What kind of stories rest in our corners? Which boundaries do they reveal, and what do they confront? Balancing between the inside and outside, blurring the boundaries between performance and reality.
The performance has the character of an installation, which leaves the public the choice of whether it follows the action while sitting or moves freely in the room. Everyone is invited to explore the borders or the center, the boundaries, corners and different perspectives in »Borders & Corners«.
[Source: play bill]
TFB Nr. 1408
Cast & Credits
Artistical Direction: Ricardo de Paula
Dancer: Caroline Alves, Laura Alonso, Martina Garbelli, Natalie Riedelsheimer, Ricardo de Paula, Miro Wallner
Live music: Olaf Giesbrecht
Live video Editing: Kathleen Kunath, Zé de Paiva
Light design: Domenik Engemann
Dramaturgy: Nora Tormann
Costume: Andreina Vieira
Assistence: Franziska Doffin
Production Management: MiFrUsh
Stage technique: Jan Römer
A production of Grupo Oito.
Funded by: District office Pankow for further education and culture of Berlin, Senate Department for Culture and Europe, HALLE Tanzbühne Berlin
Partners: Mime Centrum Berlin, Literary Colloquium Berlin
HALLE TANZBÜHNE BERLIN
Eberswalder Straße 10-11
Tickets: (030) 440 44 292
Grupo Oito / Trailers and Video Documentations
Instant Feedback Reviews
- Elisabeth Nehring: D.R.A.G. / WILHELM GROENER (18.10.2018)
- Frank Schmid: The Emergency Artist / Clément Layes, Public in Private (23.11.2018)
- Frank Schmid: Hopeless. / Sergiu Matis (11.02.2019)
- Elisabeth Nehring: Warrior / Anne-Mareike Hess (15.02.2019)
- Frank Schmid: Er… Sie… und andere Geschichten / laborgras (22.02.2019)
- Elisabeth Nehring: slave to the rhythm / Hermann Heisig (13.04.2019)
- Frank Schmid: volto umano / cie. toula limnaios (06.06.2019)
- Elisabeth Nehring: SPEAKING VOLUMES / Mirjam Sögner (14.06.2019)
- Frank Schmid: GLORY / Jeremy Wade (21.06.2019)
- Elisabeth Nehring: The Reversed Alchemist: Figure 1-3 / Ixchel Mendoza Hernández (21.07.2019)
- Frank Schmid: Say My Name, Say My Name / Olivia Hyunsin Kim, Ddanddarakim (13.09.2019)
- Elisabeth Nehring: Die Architektur einer Linie / Riki von Falken (20.09.2019)
- Frank Schmid: Soft Things / Rose Beermann, Iva Sveshtarova (11.10.2019)
- Frank Schmid: Platz nehmen / Antje Pfundtner in Gesellschaft (23.11.2019)