Production Details / Press Releases
Look – now he falls. How does he fall? This is how he falls.
Look – now she lies down. How does she lie down? This is how she lies down.
Like this –
(Jørgen Leth ”the perfect human” 1967)
Beginning something and staying with it. A movement in the opposite direction and a sudden disruption. Brief exchanges. Orientation detaches itself from the room. The moment of change emerging. Like a crash, ever so small. Only an arms’ length away.
“kannst du mich umdrehen” is the third choreographic collaboration of Christina Ciupke and Nik Haffner, in which they approach aspects of intimacy and loss of control. Their first duo “Subtitels” (2006) investigated shifts, gaps and the interdependent nature between language and movement. In their duo dealing with life (2008) they moved between unfinished stories, ‘the big topics’ and famous couples.
Cast & Credits
Performance: Christina Ciupke, Nik Haffner
Lights: Andreas Harder
PR / Mangement: Susanne Beyer
Production: Christina Ciupke and Nik Haffner
Sponsored by the Governing Mayor of Berlin – Senate Chancellery – Cultural Affairs.
Thanks to: HZT – Center for Interdisciplinary Dance Tanz Berlin, David Bloom, Thomas McManus
The video documentation is produced by Kulturprojekte Berlin GmbH on behalf of the Senate Department for Culture and Europe. The purpose of this contract is to document productions in the field of contemporary dance in Berlin. The master recordings are archived by the University Library of the Berlin University of Arts. Copies of the recordings on DVD are available for viewing exclusively in the reference collections of the following archives (at media desks in these institutions):
Christina Ciupke / Trailers and Video Documentations
- Christina Ciupke: Interview / Portrait Christina Ciupke (2017)
- Christina Ciupke: NOW AND THEN (2018)
- Christina Ciupke: At Close Distance (2017)
- Christina Ciupke: ASSEMBLING THE OBJECT OF DISCOMFORT (2016)
- Christina Ciupke: life and death of a melody (2016)
- Christina Ciupke: NEW WORK (2015)
- Christina Ciupke: Edition#1: to dance (2015)
- Christina Ciupke: undo, redo and repeat – Ein TANZFONDS ERBE Projekt (2014)
- Christina Ciupke: wait and see (2012)
- Christina Ciupke: dealing with life (2009)
- Christina Ciupke: Die andere Seite (2009)