Production Details / Press Releases
At the interface between visual arts, dance and performance, Form and Mass examines the relation between energy and matter, between material and movement, and the subsequent emergence of form. The material serves as an amplifier towards visibility : it elongates the body into its surrounding space. This transitional object, the last inner layer and at the same time the first outer layer, becomes the bodies’ connection to the outer world. It uncovers existing movement patterns that are based on archaic energetic principles and proposes them as the object to be looked at, whilst the person generating the movement stays the subject of the event.
In front of our eyes new beings and paradoxical landscapes emerge,…lansdscapes in which phantasy figures arise from the stories of Lewis Carrol till they vanish again….fascinated by the relationship between form and content (filling), I have named the solo Form and Mass.
After the landscape painting of Der Bau – Gruppe12x60, that just evoked enthusiastic reactions at Uferstudios, the solo work dedicates itself to being a portrait, embodied, realized and transformed by Sonja Pregrad.
Form and Mass was shown as a first draft in the Wiesenburg-Halle. Through the continued process and development of the work, it feels as if only now we are having our premiere. Additionally, we have developed a new element of the work which is a light installation by Florian Bach that interacts with the live soundtrack of Marcello Busato and accompanies the performer on her phantastic journey …
Cast & Credits
Concept and choreography: Isabelle Schad
Co-choreography and performance: Sonja Pregrad
Composition & Sound: Marcello Busato
Light installation: Florian Bach
Production & PR: Heiko Schramm
Production: Isabelle Schad
Funding: Isabelle Schad is supported by the Berlin Senate in 2013/14.
The installation version of Form und Masse was developed and shown for TANZLOKAL Stuttgart – ein Tanzfonds Erbe Projekt .
Support: Wiesen55 e.V.
Thanks to: Mehdi Toutain-Lopez, Marion Montel, Volker Hüdepohl, Noha Ramadan
Isabelle Schad / Trailers and Video Documentations
- Isabelle Schad: Interview / Portrait Isabelle Schad (2017)
- Isabelle Schad: HARVEST (2021)
- Isabelle Schad: TURNING SOLO 2 (2021)
- Isabelle Schad: ROTATIONS (2021)
- Isabelle Schad: FUR (2021)
- Isabelle Schad: Knotting (Film) (2020)
- Isabelle Schad: FUR (showing) (2020)
- Isabelle Schad: Reflection (2019)
- 24/7 Dance Movie / Isabelle Schad: Reflection (2019)
- Isabelle Schad: INSIDE OUT (2018)
- Isabelle Schad: Turning Solo (2017)
- Isabelle Schad: Double Portrait (2017)
- Isabelle Schad: Pieces and Elements (2016)
- Isabelle Schad: SOLO FÜR LEA (2016)
- Isabelle Schad: Fugen (2015)
- Isabelle Schad: Collective Jumps (2014)
- Isabelle Schad: DER BAU – Gruppe12x60 (2014)
- Isabelle Schad: Der Bau (2013)
- Isabelle Schad: Experience#1 (2012)
- Isabelle Schad: Musik (Praticable) (2011)
- Isabelle Schad: Sweet Dreams are made (2010)