Production Details / Press Releases
In 2013, Constanza Macras | DorkyPark created the piece “Forest: The Nature of Crisis”, a piece that took as point of departure the romantic associations to the forest, the fairy tales of the Brothers Grimm, the economic bubbles and economies in crisis. The piece was performed in Müggelwald Berlin as a four-hour long performative walk through different notions of space.
“Stages of Crisis” was to be a stage version of the materials developed in the forest. The piece was to carry the converted fairy tales and the reminiscence of nature to another place: a supermarket where products present themselves as the further possible vortex to nature.
The creative process started in 2019, was to be premiered in may 2020 and had to be postponed to may 2021. Due to the current situation, it is still not possible for HAU and the artist to present this work live – the context of the pandemic hangs over the title of the piece chosen long ago. Instead, live streams (14-16 May) and a video recording (22+23 May) of the same will be made.
Today, as the crisis deepens economically and ecologically, as humanity moves forward in denial of the harmful effects of digitalisation in the environment and the place of the stage is largely in danger, the reality of theatre is put into a big question mark. “Stages of Crisis” transits between over consumption and the global initiatives and reactions born in the internet and fed by a fearful ‘horror vacui’ and cookbooks in lockdown. Individualism is in crisis, but does not orient itself towards nature in order to find forms of collectivism; a new path that fails because solidarity as such has not been established and predatory forms continue to prevail.
TFB Nr. 1511
Cast & Credits
Concept, text and choreography: Constanza Macras
Dramaturgy: Carmen Mehnert
By and with: Candaş Bas, Alexandra Bódi, Emil Bordás, Chia-Ying Chiang, Rob Fordeyn, Yuya Fujinami, Johanna Lemke, Sonya Levin, Thulani Lord Mgidi, Miki Shoji
Live music by and with: Almut Lustig, Kristina Lösche-Löwensen
Stage design: Nina Peller
Light design: Sergio de Carvalho Pessanha
Sound design: Stephan Wöhrmann
Costumes: Constanza Macras
Assistant director: Marie Glassl
Costume assistant: Valeria Nesis
Stage intern: Elena Popova
Internship directors: Dominika Kocis-Müller, Anna Hemsted
Production: Chloé Ferro
Production office: Sarah Lipszyc
Administration / Management DorkyPark: Xiao Yu
Distribution: Plan B – Creative Agency for Performing Arts
A production by Constanza Macras | DorkyPark in coproduction with HAU Hebbel am Ufer.
Funded by the Hauptstadtkulturfonds.
HAU Hebbel am Ufer (HAU1)
Tickets: +49 (0)30 259 004 27
The video documentation is produced on behalf of the Senate Department for Culture and Europe. The purpose of this contract is to document productions in the field of contemporary dance in Berlin. The master recordings are archived by the University Library of the Berlin University of Arts. Copies of the recordings on DVD are available for viewing exclusively in the reference collections of the following archives (at media desks in these institutions):
Constanza Macras | DorkyPark / Trailers and Video Documentations
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: Interview / Portrait Constanza Macras | DorkyPark (2017)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: The Future (2021)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: Bibliomaniacs (2020)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: THE WEST (2020)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: Der Palast (2019)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: Chatsworth (2018)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: HILLBROWFICATION (2018)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: Die Wahrheit über Monte Verità (2017)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: SOMETHING (2017)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: I AM WITH YOU (2016)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: THE GHOSTS (2015)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: The Past (2014)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: Open for Everything (2012)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: Here / After (2011)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: Berlin Elsewhere (2011)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: The Offside Rules (2011)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: Megalopolis (2010)