Production Details / Press Releases
Human beings have, throughout the ages, felt the urge to predict the future. In ancient times, oracles were consulted, people read in the bowels of sacrificial animals for prophecies, or looked into the constellation of stars up in the sky. For many decades in the past, the eccentric fortune teller Walter Mercado made prophecies about the future in popular tv appearances, nowadays innumerous astrology websites on the internet do the job.
In the Future, we will explore the future of the past and various theories of time, look at oracles and puzzles, and, following Karen Barad, sound out the possibility that the past might not has arrived yet. The future has, perhaps, gradually been abolishing itself, and all we’re left with is the endless and timeless reproduction of anachronisms.
It’s like you’re looking at scene set in a club in science-fiction movies: no matter when the film is produced, it’s always represented as a club in the 1980s with the doomsday clock showing five to twelve.
A storm is coming, says the man at the gas station. I know, I say, play Sarah Connor again.
TFB Nr. 1596
Cast & Credits
Concept, text and direction: Constanza Macras
By and with: Simon Bellouard, Alexandra Bódi, Emil Bordás, Fernanda Farah, Rob Fordeyn, Johanna Lemke, Sonya Levin, Thulani Lord Mgidi, Daisy Phillips, Miki Shoji
Live music by and with: Tatiana Heuman, Kristina Lösche-Löwensen, Katrin Schüler-Springorum
Dramaturgy: Carmen Mehnert
Stage design: Alissa Kolbusch
Costumes: Eleonore Carriere
Light: Hans-Hermann Schulze
Sound: Gabriel Anschütz, Tobias Gringel, Deniz Sungur
Music: Robert Lippok
Assistant director: Mica Heilmann, Darja Ajvazovic
Mask: Spyridon Prosoparis
Dramaturge Assistant: Lili Hering
Costume assistant: Djuna Reiner
Assistant set designer: Laurent Pellissier
Internship directing: Mira Hutto
Stage design internship: Shang-Jie Gao
Technical production management: Karina Zotz
Production: Chloé Ferro
Production office: Sarah Lipszyc
Administration / Management DorkyPark: Xiao Yu
Distribution: Plan B – Creative Agency for Performing Arts
Stage management: Maria Bergel
Theater master: Jan Krüger
Signal box: Sascha Grohmann
Mask: Oleg Dimitrov, Spyridon Prosoparis, Antje Schulz
Props: Cornelia Behmenburg, Eike Grögel, Yvonne Schulz
Women’s and men’s wardrobe: Berit Prang, Marion Schirra, Jens Schulze, Daniela Urban
A coproduction by Constanza Macras | DorkyPark and the VVolksbühne am Rosa-Luxemburg-Platz.
Co-producer: Piccolo Teatro di Milano – Teatro d’Europa.
Funded by Berlin’s Senate Department for Culture and Europe.
Volksbühne am Rosa-Luxemburg-Platz
The video documentation is produced on behalf of the Senate Department for Culture and Europe. The purpose of this contract is to document productions in the field of contemporary dance in Berlin. The master recordings are archived by the University Library of the Berlin University of Arts. Copies of the recordings on DVD are available for viewing exclusively in the reference collections of the following archives (at media desks in these institutions):
Constanza Macras | DorkyPark / Trailers and Video Documentations
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: Interview / Portrait Constanza Macras | DorkyPark (2017)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: STAGES OF CRISIS (2021)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: Bibliomaniacs (2020)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: THE WEST (2020)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: Der Palast (2019)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: Chatsworth (2018)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: HILLBROWFICATION (2018)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: Die Wahrheit über Monte Verità (2017)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: SOMETHING (2017)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: I AM WITH YOU (2016)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: THE GHOSTS (2015)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: The Past (2014)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: Open for Everything (2012)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: Here / After (2011)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: Berlin Elsewhere (2011)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: The Offside Rules (2011)
- Constanza Macras | DorkyPark: Megalopolis (2010)