Production Details / Press Releases
The exhibition FRAMES FRAGMENTS FREQUENCIES is based on WILHELM GROENERs experimental short film project which was premiered early this year. In the present large scale installation they combine video works, spatial light collages and performative interventions into an overall composition on the two levels of Studio 1.
On the lower level large screens form a kind of media landscape. An exuberant abundance of different moods, information and aesthetic effects emanates from the individual screens. Much of it seems like a cut through different layers of time: an anachronism in which associations simultaneously bring forth the past and the future; prehistory and science fiction at the same time. Between game, ritual, invocation, film noir, and party; poetry and pop shake hands.
On the upper level, visitors have the opportunity to take a bird’s-eye view onto the media landscape. At the same time the interplay of spatial light collages and performative interventions creates a constantly changing situation during the opening hours. The visitors are invited to explore the space, linger, or come by several times.
[Source: play bill]
TFB Nr. 1686
Cast & Credits
Concept & realization: WILHELM GROENER – Günther Wilhelm & Mariola Groener
Performer: Oliver Connew, Mariola Groener, Ulrich Huhn, Günther Wilhelm
Performer Video: Ben Cottrell, Mike O’Connor, Rudi Fischerlehner, Mariola Groener, Ulrich Huhn, Assaf Abraham Hochman, Anna Melnikova, Aya Toraiwa, Frank Willens, Günther Wilhelm
Assistance: Matthias Hesselbacher, Assaf Abraham Hochman, Maxim Wittenbecher
Communication: k3 Berlin
Thanks to: Ben Cottrell, Rudi Fischerlehner, Andreas Harder/Uferstudios, Matthias Hübner, Julia Keutner, Stefan Landrock,
Hans Löffler, Matthias Schellenberg
A special thanks to the team of Mediathek/Internationales Theaterzentrums ITI.
A WILHELM GROENER production.
Funded by the Senate Department for Culture and Europe Berlin.
In Cooperation with Internationales Theaterinstitut ITI.
The video documentation is produced on behalf of the Senate Department for Culture and Europe. The purpose of this contract is to document productions in the field of contemporary dance in Berlin. The master recordings are archived by the University Library of the Berlin University of Arts. Copies of the recordings on DVD are available for viewing exclusively in the reference collections of the following archives (at media desks in these institutions):
WILHELM GROENER / Trailers and Video Documentations
- WILHELM GROENER: Interview / Portrait WILHELM GROENER (2017)
- WILHELM GROENER: #performingarchive2 (2020)
- 24/7 Dance Movie / WILHELM GROENER: A.E. Anatomie.Evolution.Anfang.Ende. … (2019)
- WILHELM GROENER: A.E. Anatomie.Evolution.Anfang.Ende. … (2019)
- WILHELM GROENER: D.R.A.G. (2018)
- Instant Feedback / WILHELM GROENER: D.R.A.G. (2018)
- WILHELM GROENER: Schleppen (2017)
- WILHELM GROENER: becoming undone – PART III (2016)
- WILHELM GROENER: becoming undone – PART II (2016)
- WILHELM GROENER: becoming undone – PART I (2015)
- WILHELM GROENER: o.T. (AT) (2015)
- WILHELM GROENER: Korridor (2014)
- WILHELM GROENER: K-Projekt – als ich die Treppe hinunterstieg um noch einen Abendspaziergang zu machen… (2014)
- WILHELM GROENER: HEILUNG (2013)
- WILHELM GROENER: exercitatio et labor: JOY (2011)
- WILHELM GROENER: Ortnung (2011)
- WILHELM GROENER: Wie ist dein Name? (2011)
- WILHELM GROENER: Getrennte Präsenz (2011)
- WILHELM GROENER: Sturz sei Dank (2011)
- WILHELM GROENER: Am Bildaltar (2011)
- WILHELM GROENER: Am Anfang war das Ende (2009)
- WILHELM GROENER: Hotel Hassler (2009)