Production Details / Press Releases
WILHELM GROENER ́s new production »Korridor« is part of a research using fragments of Kafka’s diaries as an internal text and as a motor for movement research. The resulting choreographic miniatures are spaces in – between in which a body seems to deal with several bodies, going through various registers of presence and communicating in unexpected twists of movement quality.
As the frst part of this cycle, the artist duo presented »K-Project – as I went down the stairs for an evening stroll…« in January. While »K-Project« focused on a route through the space, the choreographic miniatures in »Korridor« invite the spectator to enter an imaginary space evoking internal and external movement both in the performer as in the specator. The cycle will be completed with a performative installation in February 2015 at Tanzfabrik Berlin Wedding within »Open Spaces«.
WILHELM GROENER: The artist Mariola Groener and dancer/choreographer Günther Wilhelm have blended their names and arts into their alter ego WILHELM GROENER since 2001. With a predilection for the odd and absurd, their work uses elements of performance, dance and installation. The pieces »Vorgang benutzt«, »Paravent privé« and »Hotel Hassler« have been invited to the German TANZPLATTFORM 2000, 2006 and 2010. In spring 2011 they presented seven pieces of their opus during a retrospective called »WILHELM GROENER – born on 1st of May, 2001« at the UFERSTUDIOS.
Rudi Fischerlehner, born in Austria, lives in Berlin and plays the drums in projects of various shades of improvised music, noise, jazz and rock: in a trio with Olaf Rupp and Matthias Müller, with the bands Fiium Shaarrk and Gorilla Mask, and in a duo with Tonia Reeh. He produces music for videos and movies (most recently the soundtrack to Ella Raidel’s “Double Happiness”) and works with artists in various interdisciplinary projects (amongst others with Tarek Atoui at Berlin Bienniale 8 and Rainer Kohlberger at Basics Festival Salzburg) www.rudifischerlehner.net
Mariola Groener, born in Poland, grew up in Munich. She studied artistic photography Film & AVMedia in Berlin and Essen/Folkwang. She was awarded the photographycompetition »Das große stille Bild« and received the Berlin choreography scholarship which enabled her to spend working time with Anna Halprin SF/USA. In addition to her position as co-director of WILHELM GROENER, she is an artist exhibiting her works at home and abroad. Groener also was co-founder of the project and exhibition space forever and a day Büro. www.mariolagroener.net
Andreas Harder is light and stage designer, lighting and theater stage manager. He studied fne arts at HdK Berlin and was a lecturer for aspiring theater prop masters and theater masters. He directs technical adaptions of theater and media festivals as well as international touring productions.
Günther Wilhelm, born in Munich, studied Butoh, classical and moder dance in Munich and Berlin. He was a long time member of VA Wölf’s NEUER TANZ and worked a.o. with Dump Type and Anna Huber. He received the scholarship of Stiftung Kulturfonds, Künstlerhaus Lukas Ahrenshoop and twice the Berlin dance and choreograpy scholarship. 2013/2014 he will participate in the Amsterdam Master of Choreography.
Cast & Credits
Concept: WILHELM GROENER – Günther Wilhelm & Mariola Groener
With: Rudi Fischerlehner, Mariola Groener, Günther Wilhelm
Technical management: Andreas Harder
PR / Production Management: Jana Lüthje
Thanks to: Igor Dobricic, Christoph Freyer, David Weber Krebs, Beatriz Rebbig and the team of the shore studios
A WILHELM GROENER production, funded by the Regierende Bürgermeister von Berlin Senatskanzlei – Kulturelle Angelegenheiten.
The video documentation is produced on behalf of the Senate Department for Culture and Europe. The purpose of this contract is to document productions in the field of contemporary dance in Berlin. The master recordings are archived by the University Library of the Berlin University of Arts. Copies of the recordings on DVD are available for viewing exclusively in the reference collections of the following archives (at media desks in these institutions):
WILHELM GROENER / Trailers and Video Documentations
- WILHELM GROENER: Interview / Portrait WILHELM GROENER (2017)
- WILHELM GROENER: FRAMES FRAGMENTS FREQUENCIES (2022)
- WILHELM GROENER: #performingarchive2 (2020)
- 24/7 Dance Movie / WILHELM GROENER: A.E. Anatomie.Evolution.Anfang.Ende. … (2019)
- WILHELM GROENER: A.E. Anatomie.Evolution.Anfang.Ende. … (2019)
- WILHELM GROENER: D.R.A.G. (2018)
- Instant Feedback / WILHELM GROENER: D.R.A.G. (2018)
- WILHELM GROENER: Schleppen (2017)
- WILHELM GROENER: becoming undone – PART III (2016)
- WILHELM GROENER: becoming undone – PART II (2016)
- WILHELM GROENER: becoming undone – PART I (2015)
- WILHELM GROENER: o.T. (AT) (2015)
- WILHELM GROENER: K-Projekt – als ich die Treppe hinunterstieg um noch einen Abendspaziergang zu machen… (2014)
- WILHELM GROENER: HEILUNG (2013)
- WILHELM GROENER: exercitatio et labor: JOY (2011)
- WILHELM GROENER: Ortnung (2011)
- WILHELM GROENER: Wie ist dein Name? (2011)
- WILHELM GROENER: Getrennte Präsenz (2011)
- WILHELM GROENER: Sturz sei Dank (2011)
- WILHELM GROENER: Am Bildaltar (2011)
- WILHELM GROENER: Am Anfang war das Ende (2009)
- WILHELM GROENER: Hotel Hassler (2009)